Location: Home based. National and some planned international travel will be required in this role. This role will involve extensive UK & Irish travel and some weekend and evening work will also be required.
An interesting and varied role for a qualified and experienced veterinarian with a passion for diagnostic imaging. The successful candidate will play a key part in the ongoing development of the imaging skillset of both new graduate and experienced veterinary surgeons. Collaboration with internal IMV imaging departments to promote the effective use of veterinary imaging solutions throughout the profession will be expected.
IMV imaging are committed to personal development and take pride in allowing individuals to develop both personally and professionally. Within this role, maintaining core veterinary skills will be supported, as will further education in the field of veterinary diagnostic imaging.
- Attend and teach and/or facilitate practical CPD courses run by the IMV Imaging Academy. These will be a combination of courses run directly by the Company and courses run for external parties (primarily Key Accounts).
- Aid with practical teaching alongside external speakers where required and where appropriate and provide lectures at external events and practical courses where required.
- Maintain and demonstrate an exceptional organisational skillset to ensure the smooth running of courses.
- Work alongside clinical, sales and marketing teams to develop the yearly clinical content plan.
- Establish IMV imaging as a brand name with veterinary undergraduates. Work with clinical team to ensure contribution to undergraduate teaching of veterinary imaging and to increase undergraduate/new-graduate awareness of IMV imaging learning resources.
- Work with clinical team to derive educational material based on the requirements of individual Key Accounts, customer feedback and market demand.
- Work alongside clinical and marketing team to ensure timely delivery of teaching/learning materials appropriate to both the needs of the clinical and sales teams.
- Ensure highest level of attention to detail and clinical relevance when both writing and proof reading items for production by IMV imaging.
- Demonstrate clinically relevant, up to date interaction with IMV imaging social media groups.
- Attend appropriate exhibitions as a representative of the IMV imaging Academy, enabling interaction with delegates to provide up to date and accurate information about available learning resources.
- Contribute to new product introduction process, including assessment of suitability of equipment for the veterinary market and development/preparation of product up to point of sale.
- Assist with further applications support as required.
Required competencies/ key characteristics
- A qualified and experienced veterinary surgeon
- Passion for veterinary imaging
- Excellent communicator
- Established knowledge and understanding of ultrasound and radiography
- Extensive practical veterinary imaging experience
- Good understanding of the UK & Irish veterinary markets
- A team player who is prepared to get involved in cross business projects
- A self-starter who has the knowledge and capability to work independently and deliver expectations
- Existing experience of training/clinical instruction to wide audiences
- Mixed practice experience (especially farm animal) would be an advantage
- Awareness of CT and MRI
Package: Competitive base salary; Performance Bonus; Company Profit Scheme; Company Car; Company Pension Scheme; Life Assurance Cover x 4 basic salary; Private Healthcare (Single cover); 25 days holiday plus 8 days statutory holidays
Applications to [email protected]