This one-day course is aimed at nurses (and vets) who have an interest in radiography, and a desire to improve image quality.
We will cover the practical physics of radiography, and why grasping this can help improve image quality. Topics will include the benefits of using grids and why distance is so important; commonly seen artefacts with a selection of example images; a refresher on positioning for thoracic and abdominal radiographs; and then critical evaluation of a wide range of example images.
• To improve your knowledge of the practical physics of radiography and discuss how this can help your imaging.
• To better understand how the equipment works (including basic fault finding)
• Critically examine example a selection of sample images; specifically recognising, interpreting and resolving errors of acquisition
• Ensure a general understanding of thoracic, abdominal, spinal and appendicular imaging
• Openly discuss ideas for improving your radiographic images
IMV imaging will provide all the necessary equipment.
12th August 2020
Kat Evans, BSc (Hons) Radiography
Paul Crawford, BVetMed CertVA MRCVS
IMV imaging Ireland Office
Unit 2, Block 3
City North Business Campus
Gormanston, Co. Meath
IMV imaging customers: £60 / €75 plus VAT
Non-IMV imaging customers: £85 / €100 plus VAT
For any other booking or payment enquiries please contact [email protected].
Or login with emailForgot password